Of potential interest: Sept. 12-14 2017. Training course in Preserving, storing and maintaining microorganisms.
From the site:
Presented by staff from CABI, this course will be of interest to everyone involved in the handling, distributing and storing microorganisms.
The course covers all aspects of culture preservation, maintenance and culture collection management and complies with the quality standards set by the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development) for best practice with biological resource collections. We have substantial expertise in the preservation and maintenance of cultures of bacteria and fungi and have a long history in training scientists, technicians and students from around the world.
The three-day programme includes lectures and practical demonstrations of techniques. Discussions and workshops will provide participants with further opportunities to discuss aspects of their work with tutors and other course participants and to update their skills and knowledge of:
- preservation and maintenance methods for bacteria, fungi and yeasts
- quality management systems in microbiology
- methods for assessing the success of preservation methods
- information sources and management of Culture Collections
- microbial characterisation and data generation
- compliance with legislation such as the CBD and biosecurity distribution and transport of microorganisms
Training resources will be provided for each participant and there will be an opportunity to view CABI’s collections and library.